Apply to Join the Technical Working Group for the development of a Consensus Statement on Youth-led Accountability
Restless Development and UNFPA, with the support of the partners of the Youth Collective for Gender Equality are creating a technical working group consisting of gender diverse young people to input to the development of Consensus Statement on Youth-led Accountability (Consensus Statement).
The objectives of this Consensus Statement will be:
- To gain consensus for a common understanding and definition of youth-led accountability
- To link with supporting documents to enable key partners and stakeholders to institute work on youth-led accountability
- To mobilize support from governments, multi-laterals, civil society and youth-led organizations for the uptake of youth-led accountability across processes, including, but not limited to the SDGs
The Consensus Statement will be formally launched at the Nairobi Summit in Nairobi, Kenya in November 2019.
The Youth Collective for Gender Equality
The Youth Collective for Gender Equality is a group of youth-led and youth-serving organizations, UN agencies and Member States working together to advance gender equality, SRHR and youth-led accountability.
The following criteria have been identified for the technical working group:
- First-hand experience engaging in local, national or global youth-led accountability
- Strong local and/or national youth networks engaging in accountability processes
- Experience working as part of a team or coalition
- Availability to commit between 2 -4 hours per week from 20 August to 30 November 2019 to input to the Consensus Statement drafting and dissemination
- Strong spoken and written English
- Access to an internet connection as the technical working group coordination will be online
Please note that participation in the technical working group will be voluntary. There may be an opportunity for one or several members of the panel to receive funding to participate in the Nairobi Summit in November to launch the report.
We strongly welcome applications from all sectors of the youth community. No applicant will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
How to Apply:
If you would be interested to apply for the opportunity to join this youth technical working group and have an active role designing and developing this Consensus Statement, here is how to apply:
- Please complete this form by 5PM GMT on Friday 16 August 2019.